Hi there. How are you doing? Have been busy lately? I know those busy schedules, when there’s absolutely no time for self-care.
But I noticed something lately. Sometimes, we think of ‘SELF-CARE’ as something which is VERY time consuming. And just because of this thought, we keep on delaying it for the time we’ll get free. Most of the times, We end up not making any time for something so important.
And you deserve some love and care. You need to constantly refuel and recharge yourself to be the best version of yourself. And the easiest way to do that is to take care of yourself.
I know finding time is hard. But guess what? You can take care of yourself even when you are super busy.
Because even small moments of self-care can make a big difference. I try to find those moments everyday however busy my day gets. And it makes a huge difference in how I feel everyday.
I have listed a few of them which I love to do every now and then. May be, you won’t suddenly start feeling amazing. But if you start practising some of these slowly in your everyday life, you’ll start feeling good about yourself. And your body and mind will love you back because of these little moments of self-care.
- Take 5 deep breaths. It takes less than a minute.
- Correct your posture.
- Moisturise your hands and feet. May be even press them for a massage like feel.
- Close your eyes for a minute and do nothing. Rub your hands and palm your eyes before opening them.
- Compliment yourself. Just do it. And value it like you got it from someone else.
- Cuddle with a pet. Or may be a human too, haha.
- Drink a glass of water, and tell yourself that it is nourishing your body. Ever been grateful for just a glass of water? Try it, it feels different.
- Splash cold water on your face.
- Massage your ears gently using your index finger and thumb. It feels so good.
- Apply lip balm.
- Stretch. (arms, wrists, ankles anything which feels good.)
- Try neck-rotation. (clock-wise and anti clock wise , 5 rounds each side)
- Do legs-up-the-wall pose for 2-5 minutes.
- Apply mustard oil in your navel.
- Sip tea.
- Listen to one of your favourite songs. (may be dance on it too.)
- Smell some aroma essential oils.
- Do Shavasana (corpse-pose) for 2-5 minutes.
- Eat a fruit.
- Meditate for just 2 minutes. It’s better than not doing it.
- Call someone and have a laugh-filled talk.
- Soak feet in warm salted water for 5 minutes.
- Drink ginger and clove tea.
- Sit in padmasana or vajrasana for 2-5 minutes and focus on your breaths.
- Close your eyes and count from 100 to 1. Or do nothing.
- Write or think of 5 things you are grateful for right now.
- Make your bed.
- Go out and look at the sky. Watch the beauty of clouds for a minute.
- Paint your nails.
- Eat some almonds.
- Do child’s pose for 1 minute.
- Do one-minute chanting. (Try Om chanting or any mantra of your choice)
- Make a pout with your lips and loosen up. Repeat 10 times. It relaxes your face muscles.
- Roll on your bed. Like a child.
- Do a dry scalp massage using your finger tips.
I know, when you’ll be reading the above points, they might not look like ways of self-care to you. But try some of them and let me know if any of it made you feel better.
You deserve to start your self-care routine. Today. There's something absolutely powerful about taking care of yourself.Click To Tweet
Find small moments to relax yourself and you’ll be amazed at how your body and mind starts working better than before.
From the above list, my favourite ones are 1, 3, 4, 12, 15, 25, and 35. What are your favourite ones?